Dental Cleanings Near You
Did you know plaque can harden into tartar in as little as a day? Even the most thorough brushing cannot remove the plaque and tartar from your teeth. That’s why it’s essential to receive dental cleanings at least twice a year. The longer you leave tartar on your teeth, the more likely it will cause tooth decay and cavities. Only a hygienist will have the tools to completely remove the tartar and help keep your teeth healthy. That’s why we provide dental cleanings in SE Calgary.
The Importance of Dental Cleanings
When the tartar begins to build up around your gum line, the bacteria makes its way underneath your gums into the unseen parts of your tooth. When the tartar is left too long, it can cause inflammation and infection in your gums, resulting in gingivitis. Typically, most patients will experience no symptoms or pain if they have gingivitis. If gingivitis is left untreated for too long, it will turn into periodontitis. Once periodontitis begins, it cannot be reversed and can lead to tooth and bone loss.
By frequently receiving dental cleanings, your dentist and hygienist will ensure your gums and teeth are clean and plaque-free. Seeing your dentist every six months will also help detect oral health problems in the early stages and prevent them from progressing to more severe issues. If you’re looking to receive dental cleanings near you, please contact our office to schedule an appointment.
The Process of Receiving Dental Cleanings
If you’re looking to receive dental cleanings in SE Calgary, the process is done in four easy steps:
- Scaling: Your hygienist will use specialized tools to remove the tartar and plaque from your teeth.
- Polishing: Your hygienist will then use an ultrasonic brush to remove the remaining bits of tartar from your teeth.
- Flossing: After your teeth have been thoroughly cleaned, your hygienist will floss your teeth to ensure every crevice is clean.
- Fluoride Rinse: The last step to a dental cleaning is a fluoride rinse. This will help keep your teeth cavity-free.
After a dental cleaning, our dentist will examine your teeth and gums. During this time, patients can speak to our dentist about their oral health concerns and receive tips and recommendations.
Maintaining Your Oral Health
In addition to receiving dental cleanings every six months, it’s crucial to practice good oral hygiene at home. During the six months, a lot of plaque and tartar can build up on your teeth if you do not properly clean your teeth. Our dentist recommends the following:
- Brush your teeth thoroughly for at least two minutes. Move your toothbrush in a circular motion and ensure you are brushing every surface.
- Floss your teeth every night to remove any remaining food particles.
- Rinse your mouth after you eat.
- Scrape your tongue.
Are you looking to receive dental cleanings near you? Contact us to schedule an appointment today! Our office is happy to offer dental cleanings in SE Calgary to help you achieve optimal oral health.