TMJ Treatment Near You
The temporomandibular joint connects your jaw and skull. If you experience temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD), you can face challenges with eating, chewing, and moving your jaw. If you’re suffering from jaw pain or constant headaches, please contact us. We offer TMD treatment near you to help relieve your discomfort.
What Causes TMD?
TMD can be caused for various reasons, including the following:
- Injuries to your neck or head
- Teeth grinding
- Stress, which causes you to tighten and clench your facial muscles
What are the Symptoms of TMD?
Typically, TMD is commonly found in patients ages twenty to forty. Women are also more likely to suffer from TMD than men. TMD can cause severe discomfort and pain in many ways, some of which include:
- Difficulties opening your mouth or moving your jaw
- Clicking or popping sounds when eating or moving your jaw
- Difficulties eating
- Pain around your face, neck, or ears
If you’re suffering from any of the symptoms listed above, please schedule a consultation. Our dentist will examine your face and determine a treatment plan for you.
Types of Treatments for TMD
Our office provides various types of TMD treatments in SE Calgary. Treatment will differ depending on the cause of your TMD. Your treatment may include one of the following or a combination of:
- Splints or night guards: A night guard may be recommended to help reduce the pressure on your teeth caused by grinding and clenching at night. A splint is similar, except it will be worn during the day as well.
- Medication: Our dentist may prescribe medication to help relieve the tension in your jaw and muscles. Other medications can include anti-anxiety medication to reduce your stress.
- Dental treatment: Our dentist may recommend orthodontics to help align your teeth and bite or utilize bridges and crowns to help create a more even biting surface.
Looking for TMJ treatment near you? At Forest Heights Dental, we are happy to provide TMJ treatment in SE Calgary. TMD can disrupt your daily activities and cause pain. We want you to know that we are here to help relieve your pain and help you go about your day comfortably again. Contact us to schedule a consultation.